In honor of the International Women’s Day here are some important facts and funny quirks about women. Let’s all aspire to inspire change.
10 (eclectic) Facts About Women
- Women account for more than 50 percent of the global population, but hold less than 20 percent of all parliamentary seats (U.S. Embassy).
- In 2011 of the top 20 wealthiest women in the world only one did not inherit her fortune (Forbes).
- Women work two-thirds of the world’s working hours (Care.org).
- 66% of all human trafficking victims are women (UNODC).
- Women expend 200 million work hours daily collecting water (Water.org).
- On average women laugh more than men (NYT).
- It seems women like to speak more than men in excess of about 13,000 words a day. It is certainly possible they’re just more detailed oriented.
- Women, on average, live four years longer than men.
- In 2010, American women gave birth to over 3.9 million children.
- There are approximately 3.5 billion women on Earth. Thanks to you, you, and all of you!